Tuesday 29 December 2009

First Post

In this first post I want to introduce you to my new book 'A Bang or a Whimper' which is a book about my childhood growing up in Hill Top, West Bromwich during the late 1950's and early 1960's.
I have published the book using Lulu.com and it is 155 pages long with 25 chapters on a wide range of topics.

You can buy a book direct from Lulu.com where it will cost you £12.23 plus postage or you can buy it direct from me for £7-00 plus £3 post and packing.

The book is also available in audio format read by me and is available for £10 plus post and packing - the audio version consists of three CD's and can only be ordered direct from me.

I have received some very positive feedback about the book from a number of people who have read it and so far sales have exceeded what I expected when I first started this project.

As a result of some of the feedback and comments about stuff I did not include I have already started writing a second book and have so far completed three chapters looking at my Mom, my Dad and a chapter called 'What's in a Name?'

Other chapters in the second book will include a look at radio programmes we used to listen to, comics we used to read, more of my Mother's sayings and more about some of the people I knew in Hill Top as well as a look at some of the silly and funny songs that got into the charts when I was younger.

In the second book I may also include some stuff about my early working life at Stantons in Dudley, Jeavons of Tipton, and the Patent Shaft at Wednesbury.

Watch this space for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment